If you want to join us to study why not join our next in person Undergraduate Open Day and explore the course options open to you. It is undoubtedly the best way to get to know us; experience our beach front campus, meet the teaching team, and speak to our current students. Our community of students, researchers and partners draw on and benefit from the expertise of our international researchers and educators, building on our excellent real world research impact. We’re excited to be introducing a 5-year undergraduate degree in Medicine leading to the award of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery . The new Brunel Medical School will be part of the College of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences. At the earliest opportunity we will be discussing with Health Education England and the Office for Students, to enable us to offer our medicine degree to students from the UK and EU in the near future.
- Our undergraduate programmes in Medicine, Dentistry and Medical Sciences are delivered in world-class facilities by academic staff who are at the forefront of teaching and research excellence.
- However, as part of your course requirements, you may need to choose a dissertation, a project or a thesis topic.
- Dissertation seminars give students the opportunity to gain experience in presenting their own work and discussing the issues that arise from it with an audience of their peers and senior members of staff.
- “Our globally recognised excellence in education and research is evident in programmes that are designed to produce the next generation of leaders.”
- A series of career events will be made available throughout the year and skills-building activities integrated in the curriculum to support various trajectories.
- The session, covered by our Graduate Admissions and Student Recruitment teams, provides helpful information about the process of applying for graduate study, as well as offering an insight into what we consider to be a competitive application.
The MSc in International Health and Tropical Medicine is a full-time one-year multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary programme examining major challenges to the health of populations in resource-limited contexts. The course is embedded within the Oxford Centre for Tropical Medicine and Global Health, Nuffield Department of Medicine. The Division of Biomedical and Life Sciences is responsible for coordinating biomedical teaching and research activities at Lancaster.
About the faculty
Popular advice and support topics on issues in your professional and personal life as a doctor. Our two latest COVID reports focus on the public health response to the pandemic and how COVID has impacted existing health inequalities. Physical Activity in Health and Disease The centre conducts interdisciplinary research to improve human health and performance through regular physical activity and exercise, and by limiting sedentary behaviour. Inflammation Research and Translational Medicine Driving scientific innovation and discovery for diagnosis, bakkerenleenheer.com treatment, and management of cardiovascular disease, inflammatory and immune disorders, microbial resistance, and cancer. Health Effects of Radiological and Chemical Agents The generation, promotion and integration of new, multi-disciplinary research that is particular to the British nuclear test veteran community, their genomic health and the impact of uncertainty on health more broadly. In addition to your course fees, you will need to ensure that you have adequate funds to support your living costs for the duration of your course.
The safety of students, staff and visitors is paramount and major changes to delivery or services may have to be made in circumstances of a pandemic (including Covid-19), epidemic or local health emergency. In addition, in certain circumstances, for example due to visa difficulties or because the health needs of students cannot be met, it may be necessary to make adjustments to course requirements for international study. We have over 25 years’ experience of driving forward research to improve health, well-being and wealth.
Social media links
Please note that, depending on your choice of topic and the research required to complete it, you may incur additional expenses, such as travel expenses, research expenses, and field trips. You will need to meet these additional costs, although you may be able to apply for small grants from your department and/or college to help you cover some of these expenses. In addition to offering our medical degree and course in sports science, Lancaster Medical School conducts research into biomedicine, social and ethical aspects of health and medicine, and medical education. The programme consists of compulsory modules which cover sports injury; lower limb; upper limb; head, neck and spine; advanced sports injury, exercise physiology, health and physical activity and research methods.